Smarter mickey travel
Ensuring a terrific Disney vacation!
- In what order should I go on the rides? Does that matter?
- How can I ensure that I get Lightning Lane access to the most popular rides?
- Which hotel is right for me? Onsite or offsite?
- Is the Disney Dining Plan right for me?
- When is the best time of year to visit?
- What is the best time of day to visit?
- How do I use the MyDisneyExperience app?
- Is the Disney After Hours Boo Bash worth the money?
- Should I buy the park-hopper?
- Should I rent a car or rely on Disney transportation?
- How can I secure a reservation at the most popular restaurants?
- Which are the best character meals?
- How do I accomodate a multi-generational group?
- Is MemoryMaker a wise investment?
- What treasure hunts are available at the parks?
- Why is it important to avoid Lightning Lane at Dumbo?
- Where can my child 'splash around' at Magic Kingdom?
- How do I get started with pin collecting?
- How can I meet all the characters?
- Are the tours (e.g. Family Magic Tour, Keys to the Kingdom, etc.) worth it? (currently not offered)
- What options do I have to watch fireworks shows?
- What is Rider Switch?
- How do I fit in a nap and the afternoon parade?
- How can I valet park for free at my resort?
- How can I ship diapers and baby wipes to my hotel ahead of my flight?
- How can I play Footgolf at Disney? And what the heck is Footgolf?
- How do I ship home my unwieldly-large lightsaber?
- What are the advantages of a Split Stay?
- How can I book a private photo shoot at Magic Kingdom?
- Which 'Make-believe-and-more' options are best?
- Might an Annual Pass make sense for me? (Hint: It might!)
- Is Disney Vacation Club right for me?
- Should I visit Disneyland or Walt Disney World?
- Why does park hopping at Disneyland make more sense than at Disney World?
- How can I rent DVC points for the lowest price?
- How can I eat at Be Our Guest for $4/person?
- How can I get on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with no wait and no Individual Ride Selection?
- How do I book a two-bedroom Disney villa without paying Disney prices?
- Where will Disney babysit my children while I go to Epcot without the kids?
- How do I book a tee time for miniature golf?
- How can I ride in the 'caboose' at Disneyland Railroad?
- How do I order a chocolate glass slipper dessert?
- How do i order a birthday cake at lunch in Hollywood Studios?
- Where can I find the french toast soft pretzel?
- Why shouldn't I plan a 2pm Lightning Lane pass for Splash Mountain?
- How can I go on Slinky Dog Dash without a wait if I don't have a Lightning Lane pass?
- How do I get prescription medicine delivered straight to the park that I am at?
- Where can I buy baby formula at Magic Kingdom?
- Why shouldn't I buy a Disney World "Package"?
- Disney Aulani – how do I get my child into Aunty's Beach House?
- Disney Cruise Line - how can I get a outside cabin at inside prices?
onsite tour guide
character autographed t-shirt
Our Mission Statement
how smarter mickey travel differs from a travel agent?
smarter mickey travel
- Paid directly by vacationer based on number of days planned
- Will provide customized itineraries regardless of on-property or off-property stay
- Does not book air/car rental/hotel for customers.
- Will provide 100% customized itineraries
- No financial motivation to upsell
- No Disney revenue targets to hit
Disney Travel Agent
- Paid a commission from Disney based upon total cost of vacation planned
- Will provide consulting/advisory services ONLY if staying on a Disney-owned resort
- Can book air/car rental/hotel for customers
- May provide detailed daily itineraries, depending on the agent
- A financial motivation exists to upsell (e.g. to a pricier hotel, ParkHopper, Dining Plan, etc.)
what people are saying...
Follow Us & Stay Updated
✦✦✦✦✦“Jason’s advice as to the use of fast passes to maximize our family’s enjoyment of the rides and minimize the wait times was spot on! We will definitely be consulting Jason to help us plan our next Disney vacation"
- Jennifer F., Lincolnshire, IL
✦✦✦✦✦"Smarter Mickey Travel provided THE BEST itinerary for our last-minute trip to Disneyland. I honestly don't think we would have seen as much of the park or gotten to go on as many rides if we hadn't followed their suggestions. They even included some dining and parking tips that were invaluable. When we do Disney again the future, I will definitely use this service again."
Carrie and Josh, Chicago, IL
✦✦✦✦✦"We unknowingly booked our first trip to Disney on the busiest weekend of the year. Jason advised us on reservation planning, fast pass strategy and ride selection that was appropriate for our kids’ ages and comfort level. He listened and built a plan that worked best for our family. Our experience was fun, easy and magical (seriously!). We cannot recommend Smarter Mickey Travel enough. Jason is committed to making sure everyone loves Disney as much as he does—and that makes the difference."
Jessica and Chris, Highland Park, IL
✦✦✦✦✦"Working with Jason at Smarter Mickey Travel is an absolute necessity - he saved us over 50% on costs and his strategy enabled us to enjoy an unbelieveable and efficient time in the park, hitting every single ride with little to no wait."
Jill and Eric, Northbrook, IL
✦✦✦✦✦"It was our first time at Disney and boy is it overwhelming, but not when you have someone as knowledgeable as Jason! He was able to simplify and cater to exactly what we wanted out of our trip! Whether it was tips on lines, restaurants, or hotels he knew exactly what to do! We couldn’t do it without him!!! We highly recommend his services!"
- Jaime and Greg, Riverwoods, IL
✦✦✦✦✦"Highly recommend. Jason Goodman sat down with my wife and I the other day and gave us plenty of tips and tricks which can help make a big difference. We are heading back to Disney next week and Jason helped us organize our entire trip from 60-day fast passes, restaurant reservations, rider switching, etc.,. If you’re heading to Disney, make sure you consult with Jason first. He knows all the tricks and can work with you to build the right itinerary for your entire family. Worth every penny and is a super nice guy and friend of ours."
Nim and Pam, Deerfield, IL